How to create multiple tasks with one content at once?

Helge Engels March 13, 2019

I lead a team of approximately 30 people. They use Jira to organize their tasks.

Often there are things that have to be done by all of them or multiple guys. I am not looking for the answer of: "Can anyone of you please solve this task?" but "Team: Everyone of you has to do ..."

i.e.: "The Company has changed the logo: Everyone please make sure to update your (own) signature."

Is there a fast way without creating a new task 30 times (usergroups..)?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2019

you would need an addon for that. I would recommend you visit the Marketplace. There are a few that I could suggest: Automation for Jira, Scriptrunner, Power Scripts but there are different ways to do this so other addons might work better.

Helge Engels March 17, 2019

Thank you for your fast reply. Unfortunately, due to my very restricted account, I do not have access to addons. 

Nevertheless: Thanks

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2019

To be clear book move is not an Add on feature. It may require administration rights. Check with your admin to see if they can assist you.

Helge Engels March 17, 2019

Ok. Good hint.

Natalia Levitina April 1, 2020

Helge, have you solved this issue? I have the same need.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer