How to create issues using direct HTML links in Jira Server not working

Josh_Lee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 13, 2020

I'm trying to follow the directions from https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-create-issues-using-direct-html-links-in-jira-server-159474.html

The issue I'm having is that, while I can get a link which will open a page to the project and issue type that I want, I can't get any other fields to pre-populate. I've tried the summary, description, and several custom fields - none of them will populate at all. 

Has anyone had any issues like that before? 

2 answers

1 vote
Alek Storm
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 22, 2020

Change `CreateIssue.jspa` to `CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa`.

1 vote
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2020

I unfortunately don't have an answer, but I can confirm that I'm experiencing the same behavior as you are; it seems that it ought to work. 

Josh_Lee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 14, 2020

Thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one.

Suggest an answer