How to create custom reports in JIRA

Can i create custom reports in JIRA, by giving the fields i want to generate the reports on?

10 answers

It sure does get disappointing to continually see 'spend more money' as an answer to better functionality. Robust reporting should be something that is 'built in' when someone pays +$1,500 / month for a solution. But maybe I'm just being picky.

I agree with you, it is right to pay for the product software did well, but it often seems to me that the many plugin for jira are too expensive compared to what they offer, which is why I'm trying to learn how to develop plugins and then I intend to put them free available to users. Not to compete unfairly with those who produce plugin as a core business, mind you, but just to stimulate lower prices that would only help to grow the product.

How did your intentions go? I'd happily help as part of a free plugins for JIRA team.

Cannot agree with this enough.  We can't afford to keep paying for add-ons to fill in basic feature gaps and continually increase points of failure. 

You can use eazyBI reports and charts plugin for JIRA to build custom reports from both standard JIRA fields as well as custom fields. It is like free format database reporting tool but has predefined data model specific to JIRA with dimensions and measures that users can use in reports and as a result it helps users to create meaningful reports much faster.

Too bad this isn't available for OnDemand.

eazyBI is available also as an add-on for JIRA OnDemand. It provides the same functionality as the plugin for downloaded JIRA.

I find I can do a lot of "custom reports" using the dashboard.

For example I was looking for a way to create a custom epics report showing the number of open and closed tickets for all epics on one page. The "two dimensional filter staticstics" gadget was able to accomplish this.

But yeah, seems like you shouldn't have to create work arounds for such a core seeming feature.

New players have come to the JIRA advanced reporting field:

Birt Reports for JIRA runs the popular industry-standard report tool used by more than 3 million developers and 200 million users right on JIRA.

SQL for JIRA wrappers the JIRA Java API with standard SQL so you are able to make powerful SQL reports and integrate them with industry-standard reporting tools like Birt, Pentaho, JasperReports, your own cosporate Java applications and so on. 

I'd also point out that under GDPR the data being made accessible to a third-party plug-in is potentially very problematic (e.g. look at jirareports non-existent security statement). This stuff really needs to be core.

Hi Savitri,

Also try Intelligent Reports. It lets you visually design your report in Microsoft Word, and fill in the data you need from JIRA using simple to set up point and click rules.

Savitri,

In case you are still looking for reporting solutions, you might also want to check out the Arsenale Dataplane reporting add-on for JIRA. Dataplane provides reporting on JIRA data in real-time, which includes built-in reports and dashboard gadgets to extract specific KPIs, but it can also easily plot user-selected fields.

Scott @ Arsenale

Hi,

You can try https://www.jirareports.com. It is a cloud based platform that lets you build free-form reports for On-Demand and Hosted JIRA. It provides several features such as drag and drop report creation, publishing and sharing reports, exporting reports, calculated fields such as count, age, month/week/year of dates and provides various different formats such as pie, bar, list, crosstab/matrix.

info @ JiraReports

Hi JIRAReports - please do not spam. Thanks :)

Another new comer for BI & Reporting is VIEW26 - which allows you to create powerful reports and sharing with stakeholders via Confluence & Email . VIEW26 supports popular testing tools such as Zephyr , TestRail , HP ALM & Excel.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

82 views 0 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you