How to create custom reports in JIRA

savitri gokarnesan August 5, 2012

Can i create custom reports in JIRA, by giving the fields i want to generate the reports on?

7 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

75 votes
TJ Baker July 29, 2014
It sure does get disappointing to continually see 'spend more money' as an answer to better functionality. Robust reporting should be something that is 'built in' when someone pays +$1,500 / month for a solution. But maybe I'm just being picky.
Calogero Bonasia December 30, 2014

I agree with you, it is right to pay for the product software did well, but it often seems to me that the many plugin for jira are too expensive compared to what they offer, which is why I'm trying to learn how to develop plugins and then I intend to put them free available to users. Not to compete unfairly with those who produce plugin as a core business, mind you, but just to stimulate lower prices that would only help to grow the product.

Like # people like this
Luke Timms March 12, 2015

How did your intentions go? I'd happily help as part of a free plugins for JIRA team.

Like # people like this
Marc Moroz December 15, 2017

Cannot agree with this enough.  We can't afford to keep paying for add-ons to fill in basic feature gaps and continually increase points of failure. 

Like # people like this
10 votes
Will Wright August 17, 2018

I'd also point out that under GDPR the data being made accessible to a third-party plug-in is potentially very problematic (e.g. look at jirareports non-existent security statement). This stuff really needs to be core.

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2019

True that. This is one of those things where nothing happens... untill it actually happens.

Like # people like this
Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 19, 2019

Atlassian has now strict GDPR regulations in place for add-on developers, for example see here.

6 votes
Raimonds Simanovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2012

You can use eazyBI reports and charts plugin for JIRA to build custom reports from both standard JIRA fields as well as custom fields. It is like free format database reporting tool but has predefined data model specific to JIRA with dimensions and measures that users can use in reports and as a result it helps users to create meaningful reports much faster.

Nate Ritter April 11, 2014

Too bad this isn't available for OnDemand.

Raimonds Simanovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2014

eazyBI is available also as an add-on for JIRA OnDemand. It provides the same functionality as the plugin for downloaded JIRA.

Like Norma Shearer likes this
3 votes
Senthilkumar December 18, 2019

so we cant make Custom reports, Without any third party plugin?

2 votes
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2013

Hi Savitri,

Also try Intelligent Reports. It lets you visually design your report in Microsoft Word, and fill in the data you need from JIRA using simple to set up point and click rules.

1 vote
peter_ajtai June 16, 2015

I find I can do a lot of "custom reports" using the dashboard.

For example I was looking for a way to create a custom epics report showing the number of open and closed tickets for all epics on one page. The "two dimensional filter staticstics" gadget was able to accomplish this.

But yeah, seems like you shouldn't have to create work arounds for such a core seeming feature.

0 votes
Bastien
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2012

You can try Power Report, based on the Birt model.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.valiantys.jira.plugins.reporting

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question