How to create an issue on another project as part of transition

Baybars Kumbasar August 2, 2016

Hello All,

We have been using the "Adaptivist ScriptRunner"s "clone an issue and links" function in our transition to clone tickets to another project.  

I now need to "create" an issue on another project as part of the transition, without cloning it. Preferably, I'd like to see a "screen" that is similar to regular "issue creation screen" when agents press the transition button. 

It sounds really easy but I haven't been able to find a solution yet. I wonder if I can modify "clones an issue and links" to achieve the same task but I'm open to any/all suggestions.

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
JIRA_USER August 2, 2016

I have a request please. Could you please share your Clone and Issue Links Senarios as well as something about Adaptivist ScriptRunner?

I beleive what you have done will help me.  Below is my condition:

I have two Projects i.e. Project A and Project B. I need to create a bug from A and assign that bug to the Project B since the issue is releated to Project B or the bug of Project A should be created in Project B when a ceratain field such as COMPONENT field contain a value related to project B.

I do not have access to project B So I cannot open directly in project B. Once a bug is created that bug is reported in Project A and should be Reported in project B too. 

I could have created a bug in Project A and in the Assignee field I could mention the ServiceID of Project B by which Users of Project B get email notification but doig so would not create a bug in Project B. User in project B will only get email notification.

Please advice.

Baybars Kumbasar August 9, 2016

Hey sorry for the late response, basically I'm using adaptivist scriptrunner's "Clones an issue and links" function. I don't know the mechanics behind the script but that's the condition I use: 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLinkManager

def issueLinkManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(IssueLinkManager)

! issueLinkManager.getInwardLinks(issue.getId()).any {
it.issueLinkType.name == "Blocks"
}

Also, these are the additional issue actions 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue

def currentAppUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()

issue.setReporter(currentAppUser);

What it does is, it takes an issue, clones every single common field in two projects, links the new ticket to the original ticket with "blocks" relationship type. 

Also, the additional action simply clears the assignee as the new ticket needs to be triaged from ground up as a complete new ticket. 

Suggest an answer