How to create an JIRA issue from Crucible?

c cc August 8, 2011

Hi,

How can I create an Issue from Crucible in a review without having a link to an existing JIRA issue?

If I create a review and link it to an issue I get a 'Create Issue' link in a comment. - Ok, but if I create a review without an existing issue - for example a review that is not connected to any issue - and maybe I found a defect in it -> How can I create an issue from Crucible? Do I have to create an issue by hand in JIRA and link it later to my review?

Kind regards,

Christian

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2011

AFAIK in this case you would have to create issue in JIRA (i.e. from JIRA web UI) and ineed manually link it to a Crucible review.

As your scenario definitely makes sense, I hope that it will be implemented one day. However a better JIRA remote API would be needed here - the one which allows more robust creation of issues remotely - to do it JIRA has to expose (ideally via REST) information like which fields are applicable for "create issue" screen, which are required, what possible values can they have, etc. The current sub-task creation from Crucible comments is really a simple one and assumes a lot about JIRA configuration and breaks in more complicated environemnts (e.g. with some extra mandatory fields).

I'd encourage you to raise issue for that in jira.atlassian.com and let people vote on it.

Suggest an answer