It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to create a dropdown form field which suggests values while you are typing? (jira gadget)

Hello guys.

I created a JIRA plugin and I want to have a form field where you enter your sprint name or sprint id and while you are typing the letters it will suggest to you sprints that contain that specific text ( a sort of autocomplete).

For the moment I have a simple text field for it, and if the sprint name is incorrect the plugin will throw an unknown error because I am simply adding the entered sprint name to my JQL query in the backend.

One problem I have is that sprints are related to boardIDs so first I would need to get all the boardID in the whole JIRA and then for each boardId I can get all the sprint names associated to that board.

I don't know how to bind my future JS code and/or my REST api calls to get all the information.

1 answer

0 votes
Dario Atlassian Team Nov 12, 2019

Hi @sergiubodea89 ,

Please notice that this might not be the best place to ask for help on add-ons development related topics.

In case of no answer in here, I advise to refer to the resources listed in https://developer.atlassian.com/resources. 

Specifically:

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

376 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you