How to create a dropdown form field which suggests values while you are typing? (jira gadget)

sergiubodea89 October 30, 2019

Hello guys.

I created a JIRA plugin and I want to have a form field where you enter your sprint name or sprint id and while you are typing the letters it will suggest to you sprints that contain that specific text ( a sort of autocomplete).

For the moment I have a simple text field for it, and if the sprint name is incorrect the plugin will throw an unknown error because I am simply adding the entered sprint name to my JQL query in the backend.

One problem I have is that sprints are related to boardIDs so first I would need to get all the boardID in the whole JIRA and then for each boardId I can get all the sprint names associated to that board.

I don't know how to bind my future JS code and/or my REST api calls to get all the information.

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2019

Hi @sergiubodea89 ,

Please notice that this might not be the best place to ask for help on add-ons development related topics.

In case of no answer in here, I advise to refer to the resources listed in https://developer.atlassian.com/resources. 

Specifically:

Suggest an answer