How to create a custom field that filter Stories of my project

Bruno Coelho January 26, 2021

I'd like to have in my Tasks a field that able me to select one story of the same project.

Is it possible to create a custom field like that?

I don't know which kind of custom field allow me do that.

1 answer

0 votes
Brent Thayer January 27, 2021

Are you doing this for the purpose of linking? If so, you could always use the linked issue functionality. You can find this at the top of the view issue screen.

Hope this helps

Bruno Coelho January 27, 2021

Hi Brent,

I am doing this because I want to create a specific type of "strong link" as an alternative, since Jira does not allow us to create a task below a story.

Its a especific scenario in my job.

Hmm i am not sure i totally understand. However if this link is common when you create an issue you could maybe set up an automation:Automation example.PNG

You could also change the trigger to a manual one as well. Of course if you are doing this link multiple times throughout the life cycle this wont work.

Sorry if i totally just missed it. lol

Bruno Coelho January 27, 2021

Thanks Brent, but what I want is not that. My need is very specific, but really tks!

Ok sorry about that. Ya there really isnt like a "issue picker" field for this. You could use advanced road mapping and set your hierarchy to allow for this. And of course i assume you arent able to use the sub task option on the stories either? If the field is just for reporting purposes you could do this using free text or labels but there wont be like a drop down as there is for the Epic Link field. 

Like Bruno Coelho likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events