How to create a Sprint in new Jira UI??

Akram Azaz April 18, 2023

The UI of Jira software got changed suddenly and now i am not able to find "Create Sprint" option in it. I tried to explore every nook and corner but in vain. Can anyone please help me with it? Below is the screenshot of the UI

Screenshot 2023-04-19 115917.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Jira Work Management (business) team-managed projects do not support sprints.

You need to be using a Jira Software project.

Akram Azaz April 19, 2023

Thank you so much Nic...

Can you please guide me how can I do that? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

You'll need to create a new project, selecting one of the Software templates (Scrum ideally, although you can convert Kanban projects into Scrum after creation with a bit of effort, it's easier to start with the intended type of project)

If your data in your JWM project is needed in the new project, then you can use "bulk edit" to move the issues from the old project to the new one.  It may have some questions about data changes, but you can always stop the move and reconfigure your target project if it throws up something that tells you your config isn't quite right yet.

Akram Azaz April 20, 2023

Thanks Nic. I will try to follow the above steps... Its very helpful 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events