How to create a Request form

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Request forms in JIRA Service Desk are set up as Request Types. Go to the project settings of your Service Desk project and select Request Types. Over there, you can associate a new Request Type with an underlying issue type, select an icon, title and description for your form, configure fields and so on.

For more info on how to do the configuration, see the documentation over here.

Thanks Walter Buggenhout [ACA IT]

Easy when you know how!

Can you enlighten me on how to add a field with preset values such as allowing a customer to select an optional priority such as High / Medium / low?

The fields you are adding will be JIRA fields. They will be added just as they are configured in JIRA. For you specific example, if you add the Priority field from JIRA to your form, it will be populated with the options you already have available in JIRA.

If you need other fields, you can select or configure them from/as custom fields in JIRA (as a select list with the options you want), share them with your service desk project through field configuration and screen schemes and you will be able to add them to your request forms.

Eugene,

If you need more control over form behaviour then you could try our add-on: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.jirassimo.addons.intakeforms/cloud/overview

It supports dynamic hiding/showing of fields, custom look-n-feel and doesn't require any programming.

Vlad

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

125 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you