How to create a JIRA issue and programmatically link it with a Freshdesk ticket?

Bakul Banthia January 5, 2022

Hi,

I have integrated JIRA and Freshdesk.
I want to programmatically create an issue and link it with a ticket in Freshdesk.
How can I achieve this?
When I added the JIRA app in Freshdesk, I noticed that a webhook was created in JIRA. Is it related to this?

Thanks,
Bakul

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2022

Hi @Bakul Banthia  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

To me honest, I am not using Freshdesk.  With that out of the way...

If you do a quick search on the Jira marketplace or a check on the Freshdesk site you can find information/tools about doing such an integration: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira&query=Freshdesk

If you want to do this yourself and Freshdesk has a REST API, you could also do this with Automation for Jira (A4J) rules to link issues/tickets.  Please look here to learn about calling a REST API from an automation rule: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Automation-for-Jira-Send-web-request-using-Jira-REST-API/ba-p/1443828

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 28, 2022

Hope you've managed to resolve the issue. In case you have to do this integration sometime in the future and you're willing to try an alternative way (a 3rd party tool), feel free to check out ZigiOps. It's a no-code solution that connects Jira and Freshdesk in a few clicks and syncs them (with the data you want). It will keep the data in the connected instances up-to-date in real-time. Feel free to check it out and if you think it would be useful, you can book a demo meeting to see it in action.

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave team)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events