How to create Schedule automated Reports in Jira?

I would like to create an automated report for all JIRAs raised in a project.

It will run monthly (the first of each month) and send an Excel spreadsheet by email.

Is this possible?

5 answers

1 accepted

Bhushan, it worked for me. thankyou!!

Please accept the answer if it worked. Thank you.

Hi Bhanu,

If you need more complex reports including logged time, linked issues and more you should check out our plugin Intelligent Reports. You can design your report template in Microsoft Word, fill it in with simple point and click rules including multiple JQL queries, charts and more, and then schedule it to be sent to you by email.

With Excel Automation for JIRA you can generate Excel spreadsheets periodically or at issue events (when an issue created, updated, transitioned, etc.). The spreadsheets are generated from Excel templates that are regular Excel files themselves, and allow using:

• Excel functions
  • Excel formulas
  • Excel pivot tables
  • Pivot charts

See the Excel tutorial

jira-automatic-excel.png

Is there a way to make Jira send you the CSV/excel version of the query (rather than a link to the online query)?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,803 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot