How to count the number of issues created per hour

Tonny Vildevall January 31, 2017

We need to know when our staff should be on call and therefor need to know at what time the most issues are created. 

I would like to create a report that displays how many issues that has been created per hour during the selected amount of time. 

The result could look something like this.

Hour  : Issues

0 : 0

1: 0

2: 0

7: 1

8: 11

9: 15

10: 2

11: 4

and so on. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017

There are several option to do this

1. Export to excel and so all analitics here
  2. Create custom field to store hour of a day when issue created and then use it for analitics.
  3. Create a lot of filters like: createdDate > startOfDay() AND createdDate < startOfDay(1h) for each hour and analise statistics

Best egards, Vasiliy

Tonny Vildevall February 1, 2017

Thanks Vasiliy

I went with alternativ number 1 and it solved my problem. At least for now. 

Artem Setkin March 12, 2018

Hi, 

I am looking for a solution to create a dashboard which will work like some sort of an activity chart and will allow us to see: 

1) what is a number of issues created/updated by all customers per every hour during a week.
2)    what is a number of issues created/updated by only selected customers per every hour during a week.  

The goal is simple: to display when our clients are active the most. (We provide 24/7 tech support using JIRA with ServiceDesk plugin). 

Is it really the best possible solution to export data to excel or have anyone found a better one? Many thanks

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2018

So, you need to store somewhere a hour of created date.

First of all a new custom field requared. It seem to be a number type and strore there values from 0 to 24 which repsents each hour.

Then it is requared to fill this value. Anyway you need a script to get current hour. Then it could be placed to:

• postfunction into create transition (if you have 1-2 workflows)
  • event listener for issue create event (if you have a lot of WF where you need to store this value)

Here is the plan.

Suggest an answer