How to count the issue that equal a fixed value by JQL

cao_qy August 7, 2022

Question :

I need count the numbers about " issues that include  2+ sprints",but i don't know how to realize the function by JQL

any answer ,you can also reply to the Email :564169154@qq.com

Thanks

3 answers

1 vote
Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2022

Hi @cao_qy,

As others have mentioned, fetching the count of issues is not possible out-of-the-box with Jira's functionality. If you don't have any plug-ins, the best bet would be to individually list the sprint names/IDs and find the issue count that matches those, like below.

project = abc AND sprint in (100, 101)

Other than this, you can use the options provided by plug-ins like Scriptrunner using the scripted field option available.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 8, 2022

Hi @cao_qy ,

welcome to the community.

If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, this is trivial to solve using the app that my team is working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing and inline-editing all your issue fields, plus a number of "special fields" that aren't natively available. One of these special fields is the number of sprints. You can then simply filter down your list of issues using Excel-like column filtering, and see the number of issues in the app's status bar:

number-of-sprints.gif

(It's worth noting that JXL can do much more than that: From inline issue creation to support for issue hierarchy, issue grouping, sum-ups, and conditional formatting.)

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2022

Hi @cao_qy ,

Pls refer to this kb.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-can-I-find-an-issue-that-is-in-multiple-sprints/qaq-p/586873

If you're just looking for any issues which are or were in more than one sprint, I'd advise using a scripting app - such as Scriptrunner - to created a scripted field, to count the number of sprints an issue has listed against it.

You could then use JQL to search against the counter, to see issues in >1 sprints.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events