How to copy comment made on a ticket to a custom filed and automate it? Edited

In the activity section of JIRA ticket, we have comments, I need to copy and throw the latest comment made on the ticket on to a custom filed which is a multiline text field. 

It has nothing to do with workflow status or screen, I need comments from activity section of the ticket.(i guess its hard to make this happen)

If this is not possible, please suggest a solution either while transitioning through workflow and adding a screen with comments field(this is hard to figure out)

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Nov 15, 2017

Hello,

I think you do not need to copy a comment. In my opinion better solution would be to write a Scripted field which would show you the last comment. You can do it, for example, with Adaptivist scriptrunner. The code would be something like this for the Scripted field

ComponentAccessor.getCommentManager().getComments(issue).last().body

You can read more about Scripted fields here

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.0.4/jira/scripted-fields.html

And you are not limited to Adaptivist scriptrunner. There are exist other plugins which will let you do scripted fields.

Thank you alexey for sharing your knowledge.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

116 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you