It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to connect Slack app with multiple Jira instances

Mohit Dhir Community Leader Dec 12, 2019

Hi,

We are having 1 Jira and 1 Jira Service Desk instance hosted on different servers. We also have 1 Slack workspace for our organization. 

The problem I am facing is that Slack app creates only one configuration which creates one bot and slack credentials. I can not use the same credentials on both of the Jira and JSD instance.

Is there any way that I can have it configured to work with multiple different Jira environments. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hey @Mohit Dhir !

Luckily the use-case of multiple Jira Server instances is accounted for. It's slightly more work than just setting up one, but it can be done!

The details are outlined in the documentation for the official integration. Because of the length of the setup guide, I won't copy all the information necessary here (sorry!). But if after following the guide you find that you need more help, I'm happy to answer any questions. Let me know!

Cheers,
Daniel

@Daniel Eads this documentation link is no longer functional. Is there an updated link you could share? Thank you!

@Daniel Rositano The document is still there, Community has just added some tags to the link that are causing it to not load properly. Copy/paste this URL in the meantime, and thanks for alerting me that the link is broken!

https://confluence.atlassian.com/slack/using-jira-applications-with-slack-966662163.html#UsingJiraapplicationswithSlack-IusemultipleJiraServerinstancesormyinstancesarebehindafirewall.HowdoIconnectthemtoSlack? 

That worked, thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you