How to connect Jira Service Desk with a Scrum Board

According to this video, you can merge your JIRA Service Desk tasks and have them automatically assign to your Scrum board as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cl8qbSIwqE&feature=youtu.be

I am not able to figure out how to do this. Create a Service Desk Project and then where do I add a project dropdown so the customer can select which project?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Gerry Tan Atlassian Team Sep 19, 2016

This feature is only available to JSD agents, not JSD customer. To create / link a JSD request to a JIRA Software issue, choose "Create linked issue" / "Link" from the more actions menu

image2016-9-20 13:20:16.png

You have to do this for each issue? How come you can't do it like the video showed where it auto adds to the backlog? Why is this feature advertised when it doesn't exist?

It adds the linked issue to the backlog on my system, so I'd say the video is correct.  My best guess is that you've not configured your board to pick up the issues you are creating.

Does this require that we have JIRA Software licenses in addition to JIRA Service Desk licenses?

Actually no, it just requires that your agent has access to the project.  Agents have "core" access so they can be given access to development project issues like this.  Without a software licence, they won't get the boards stuff, but they can still be users in the project and use the issues therein.

Nic, Thank you for helping me think this through.

If

1. I want to make it easy for general staff to submit "tickets" that may be simple service support questions, feature requests, bug reports, etc. AND
  2. Some of my staff are comfortable simply responding to the basic requests using the service queue process BUT
  3. As overall admin I want to be able to move some of the "tickets" into a scrum board where we can more easily assign them priority, monitor progress, and/or drop things into a backlog

Which JIRA licenses would be required to accomplish this? Service Desk? Software? Some combination?

Thank you again

-Danny 

Start with a handful of Service Desk Agents.  Set up the service desk so it includes things you can break down into two broad categories - service, and development.

When an issue is a development one, you need a process to triage it - some of them will lead to development requests that should be duplicated over and linked, as per video.

If you want boards, you'll need Software licences.

It is possible,

1. Try Jira Software + Help Desk ($30/month)

2. After you create your site change the project type to software.

3. Then create your board using Scrum....

4. Then create your Sprint and add some issue.

5. After that change the project type to Help Desk.

6. Click your board and you will see.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

290 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you