How to connect Jira Service Desk with a Scrum Board

Michael J Brancato September 19, 2016

According to this video, you can merge your JIRA Service Desk tasks and have them automatically assign to your Scrum board as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cl8qbSIwqE&feature=youtu.be

I am not able to figure out how to do this. Create a Service Desk Project and then where do I add a project dropdown so the customer can select which project?

3 answers

0 votes
Test Account 2 December 19, 2017

It is possible,

1. Try Jira Software + Help Desk ($30/month)

2. After you create your site change the project type to software.

3. Then create your board using Scrum....

4. Then create your Sprint and add some issue.

5. After that change the project type to Help Desk.

6. Click your board and you will see.

0 votes
Danny Marx March 8, 2017

Does this require that we have JIRA Software licenses in addition to JIRA Service Desk licenses?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2017

Actually no, it just requires that your agent has access to the project.  Agents have "core" access so they can be given access to development project issues like this.  Without a software licence, they won't get the boards stuff, but they can still be users in the project and use the issues therein.

Danny Marx March 8, 2017

Nic, Thank you for helping me think this through.

If

1. I want to make it easy for general staff to submit "tickets" that may be simple service support questions, feature requests, bug reports, etc. AND
  2. Some of my staff are comfortable simply responding to the basic requests using the service queue process BUT
  3. As overall admin I want to be able to move some of the "tickets" into a scrum board where we can more easily assign them priority, monitor progress, and/or drop things into a backlog

Which JIRA licenses would be required to accomplish this? Service Desk? Software? Some combination?

Thank you again

-Danny 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2017

Start with a handful of Service Desk Agents.  Set up the service desk so it includes things you can break down into two broad categories - service, and development.

When an issue is a development one, you need a process to triage it - some of them will lead to development requests that should be duplicated over and linked, as per video.

If you want boards, you'll need Software licences.

0 votes
Gerry Tan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2016

This feature is only available to JSD agents, not JSD customer. To create / link a JSD request to a JIRA Software issue, choose "Create linked issue" / "Link" from the more actions menu

image2016-9-20 13:20:16.png

Michael J Brancato September 19, 2016

You have to do this for each issue? How come you can't do it like the video showed where it auto adds to the backlog? Why is this feature advertised when it doesn't exist?

Like Bárbara Rodriguez likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2016

It adds the linked issue to the backlog on my system, so I'd say the video is correct.  My best guess is that you've not configured your board to pick up the issues you are creating.

Suggest an answer