How to configure issue types hierarchy in next-gen projects?

alexxkey January 17, 2019

Hello. 

Is it possible to set up issue types hierarchy levels in next-gen projects?

By default the top level of issues is Epic. I want to create more global issue type, like Initiative. But I can't make it more hierarchically superior than Epic.

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2019

Hello,

You would need to use a plugin like Portfolio.

You can not configure hierarchies in next-gen projects.

Thank you Alexey.

I've checked up Portfolio plugin, but its more for managing different projects, but not for configure hierarchy levels. And I guess it doesn't work correct enaugh with next-gen projects. There some conflicts I found.

Anyway thank you!

1 vote
Caleb Cordes January 28, 2020

I too struggle with not having topics higher than Epic in the next-gen project. My team needs three issue types that could be individually assigned to a sprint. Since SubTasks can't be individually added to a sprint.

1 vote
Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2019

Hi @alexxkey,

I wonder if Structure would work?

Hi Krizstian,

What exactly Structure do you mean?

Like p_montbazon likes this
Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2019

Sorry I wasn't obvious at all, I mean the Structure add-on. However after looking it up, it doesn't seem to have a cloud version.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/34717/structure-for-jira-projects-at-scale?hosting=server&tab=overview

I wonder if a similar structure would be achievable with manual issue linking though? As issue links are visible on the issue detail screen.

Oh I get it. I didn't use Structure before and yes, it doesn't exist for Coud :)

AP July 24, 2019

Suggest an answer