• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to configure issue types hierarchy in next-gen projects?

Hello. 

Is it possible to set up issue types hierarchy levels in next-gen projects?

By default the top level of issues is Epic. I want to create more global issue type, like Initiative. But I can't make it more hierarchically superior than Epic.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hello,

You would need to use a plugin like Portfolio.

You can not configure hierarchies in next-gen projects.

Thank you Alexey.

I've checked up Portfolio plugin, but its more for managing different projects, but not for configure hierarchy levels. And I guess it doesn't work correct enaugh with next-gen projects. There some conflicts I found.

Anyway thank you!

1 vote

Hi @alexxkey,

I wonder if Structure would work?

Hi Krizstian,

What exactly Structure do you mean?

Like p_montbazon likes this

Sorry I wasn't obvious at all, I mean the Structure add-on. However after looking it up, it doesn't seem to have a cloud version.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/34717/structure-for-jira-projects-at-scale?hosting=server&tab=overview

I wonder if a similar structure would be achievable with manual issue linking though? As issue links are visible on the issue detail screen.

Oh I get it. I didn't use Structure before and yes, it doesn't exist for Coud :)

I too struggle with not having topics higher than Epic in the next-gen project. My team needs three issue types that could be individually assigned to a sprint. Since SubTasks can't be individually added to a sprint.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you