How to combine IT Helpdesk and Business Service Workflows

Anselm Drescher September 10, 2017

Hi everyone,

I am part of a service division in a small small enterprise. We are 3 team where on is IT and the two other offer business services to employees and external clients. We the the external clients aside for now, as our focus is on internal IT and business support.

We like JIRA for many reasons but struggle to find the best set it up for our case.

So ideally we would use JIRA SD for the IT Incident / Problem Management and also for some business service requests such as creating new users, changing access or ordering Hard/Software. For the business request I would now love to setup my own workflows with approvals and present them to the IT Team in Boards. (Where I have read this may work if I install Jira Software too - extra license?)

Now the tricky part starts. The two other teams should use JIRA too. They need business service requests (Self-defined Workflows and approvals) and need boards again to see where things get stuck. AND all of these service offerings should show in one customer portal to the internal users/clients so that they have just one go-to-location for all digital services we offer.

I can put eveyone in one J-SD Project so that I get my one customer portal but how do I then properly manage security (or what ever) that team member don't get flooded with tickets belonging to one of the other teams? Or do I better use multiple projects (aka multiple customer portals) and try to link the portals together using plugins .... or even just using Software and Core and building my own small customer portal, but then I would really miss the SLA features....

I hope I was able explain my req. and hope you have ideas I didn't came across yet. Many thanks in advance for sharing your views.

Regards,
Anselm

1 answer

0 votes
MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2017

Hi Anselm,

I'm not sure I understand you well but we use following approach:

• we have two projects like...
    • Customer 1 Service
    • Customer 1 Internal or Customer 1 Development
  • customer created task, new feature or question issue in customer portal in Customer 1 Service project
  • we use this task which was created by customer for comunication with customer
  • if we need to have some internal communication or we need to develop something, we create new ticket (as copy of customer's ticket) in Customer 1 Internal project where we track worklogs, comments, links to bitbucket etc...
    • you can copy the issue easily using Issue->More->Create linked issue action
    • Menu_044.png

Suggest an answer