How to clone all issues from a project to a new project

Ori Katz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 3, 2019

Hi,

1. I've opened a new project and I'd like to import all the tasks from another project (which shares the same configuration).

2. I would also like to have cloned/imported items opened as new in their status.

Is there a way to do it for all tasks/issues together? It's ~200 tasks. I can do without requirement #2 but #1 is a must.

Thanks,

Ori

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2019

Hello @Ori Katz

Regarding your requirement 

import all the tasks from another project

You can just use Bulk move operation to move issues from one project into another project.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-861257342.html#Editingmultipleissuesatthesametime-Movemultipleissues

Ori Katz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 3, 2019

Thanks. That did the job.

Problem is I thought moving the issues will keep them in the old project as well but it didn't.

Is there a way to clone them and have them in both project?

Ori

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events