How to change the date format on Jira Cloud

Michael Alcock April 18, 2019

We currently have the date set as 18/Apr/19. The format for this is dd/MMM/yy We would prefer to have it as 18/04/19. What would be the format for this and where can we change it?

2 answers

0 votes
Andre Esser April 14, 2021

Has anyone managed to configure ISO 8601 date and time formats in Jira?
I've made all the changes as suggested in

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-the-look-and-feel-of-your-jira-applications-780861527.html

but I'm now getting inconsistent behaviour, like sometimes dd/MM/yy and sometimes MM/dd/yy formats.

kbaum June 22, 2021

same issue

Like Grygorii.Polinovskyi likes this
0 votes
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2019

@Michael Alcock Please refer this documentation from Atlassian for the options you have for changing the date/time format: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-the-look-and-feel-of-your-jira-applications-780861527.html

Hope it helps !

Michael Alcock April 18, 2019

@Taranjeet Singh 

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, this doesn't help. I have already changed these settings, and it changed filter results etc.

On the forms however when you create and edit issues, the date fields still use the old format. Do i change this somewhere else?

Thanks

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2019

@Michael Alcock I suggest to please contact Atlassian Support (support.atlassian.com/contact), providing all details for your issues.

David Lance Spellman May 13, 2019

@Michael Alcock if you received a solution for this, can you post a link? Experiencing same issue.

Michael Alcock May 13, 2019

@David Lance Spellman 

Go to:

Jira Settings>System>General Configuration>Advanced Settings

Apply these settings:

jira.date.picker.java.format=dd/MM/yy

jira.date.picker.javascript.format=%d/%m/%y

jira.date.time.picker.java.format=dd/MM/yy h:mm a

jira.date.time.picker.javascript.format=%d/%m/%y %I:%M %p

Like # people like this
Arun Kumar July 10, 2019

Thank you !!

Carsten Schwartz Nielsen September 10, 2021

I have done the setup to get more european look with 24 hour clock and all, using this giude:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/change-the-time-format-to-24-hours-in-jira-734234435.html

That uses both the

Jira Settings>System>General Configuration>Advanced Settings

and Jira Settings>System>User Interface->Look and feel

But nothing changes, it is still the 12 hour am pm times i see when specifying dates, what gives?

Like Volodymyr Krupach likes this
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

August 2022 - the bug is still there. Moreover looks like the new issue view ignores date-time settings completely.

Like # people like this
Grygorii.Polinovskyi November 22, 2022

Is there an existing bug on that? It is very annoying issue. No from proposed fixes work

Like Volodymyr Krupach likes this

Suggest an answer