Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to change text on ticket to red when there has been no comment for defined amount.

At another company I had someone set up my filter to turn items RED text when no comments had been made on the ticket for 3 days or more.  How do I do this or find out if it can be done in this new company's version of Jira?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @C-Robert_Gill -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What do you mean by "red text": text in the Jira issue's description, the color bar on cards seen on a board, flagged issues, something else?

With automation for Jira, you could set up a scheduled rule which checks for that condition (i.e. no comments), and then does several of those options to make the situation visible.  To learn more about automation rules, please look here:

Kind regards,
Bill

I created a filter in the past and exported it to an RSS feed, in the filter the rule was any "Last Comments" over 2 days old the entire row's text turned RED indicating people were not updating tickets by the defined time (2 days).
My current filter is this... https://jira.charter.com/issues/?filter=238367.  Feel free to reach out if I've failed to explain well.  

That seems like you were showing the filter results information in another tool for that RSS feed, rather than in Jira.  Is that correct?

If so, please work with your site admin to investigate such options with your current instance of Jira.

it actually was red in filter as well

It's been a while but I think it was something like Last Comment < -2d text red

I am not aware of anything in out-of-the-box saved JQL filters which can show different color text, or which has a "Last Comment" feature.  Those may have been from a marketplace addon app.

It is possible with an automation rule to save the date/time a last comment was added in a custom field, and then to allow queries for that field.

I will do some more research on my options

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you