How to change text on ticket to red when there has been no comment for defined amount.

C-Robert.Gill December 22, 2021

At another company I had someone set up my filter to turn items RED text when no comments had been made on the ticket for 3 days or more.  How do I do this or find out if it can be done in this new company's version of Jira?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2021

Hi @C-Robert.Gill -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What do you mean by "red text": text in the Jira issue's description, the color bar on cards seen on a board, flagged issues, something else?

With automation for Jira, you could set up a scheduled rule which checks for that condition (i.e. no comments), and then does several of those options to make the situation visible.  To learn more about automation rules, please look here:

Kind regards,
Bill

C-Robert.Gill December 29, 2021

I created a filter in the past and exported it to an RSS feed, in the filter the rule was any "Last Comments" over 2 days old the entire row's text turned RED indicating people were not updating tickets by the defined time (2 days).
My current filter is this... https://jira.charter.com/issues/?filter=238367.  Feel free to reach out if I've failed to explain well.  

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2021

That seems like you were showing the filter results information in another tool for that RSS feed, rather than in Jira.  Is that correct?

If so, please work with your site admin to investigate such options with your current instance of Jira.

it actually was red in filter as well

It's been a while but I think it was something like Last Comment < -2d text red

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 29, 2021

I am not aware of anything in out-of-the-box saved JQL filters which can show different color text, or which has a "Last Comment" feature.  Those may have been from a marketplace addon app.

It is possible with an automation rule to save the date/time a last comment was added in a custom field, and then to allow queries for that field.

I will do some more research on my options

Atanu April 19, 2024

Hi 

Is this issue resolved and any solution figured out, Actually i have also faced an same kind of issue in confluence, can you guys help me with any suggestions.

Question - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Red-Text-in-Confluence-while-fetching-Jira-tickets-using-filter/qaq-p/2656034#M296056

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events