How to change resolution status?

AKSHAY THAKARE December 6, 2018

Hi,

When we set a filter to the show only OPEN request then it seems that it shows both Open as well as the resolved issue.

the reason behind this is resolution status. 

Please check attached img for more details.

here you can see that status is resolved but the resolution status is "unresolved"
so I want to know that how to change this resolution status to "resolved"

Status_info.PNG

Any solution to this?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2018

HI @AKSHAY THAKARE

There will be a multiple ways...like

1. Add an Update issue field post function on resolve issue transition of that particular workflow, so whenever user will resolve this ticket automatically the resolution will set whatever you provided while adding post function like Done/fixed..

2. You can add the resolve issue screen on resolve issue transition so that whenever user will click on the resolve issue transition then the screen will pop up and the users need to select the appropriate resolution and then the selected resolution will set.

how to add post function.

could you please explain me step by step. 

Done.. I did this  changes

Like Christopher Hoeben likes this
amitpustode March 18, 2019

@AKSHAY THAKARE How .. ??? I'm also facing same issue.

0 votes

@Yogesh Mude 

how can I change the resolution status of the CIM-187 to the "Done"?Status_info.PNG

Thanks,

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2018

@AKSHAY THAKARE Edit the ticket (CIM-187) and then change the resolution to Done, but the resolution field should be available on Edit issue screen.

Hi @Yogesh Mude 

I already tried this but I couldn't find any field related to the change status.

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2018

@AKSHAY THAKAREYou will need to  go  to  the project configuration, look  for screen scheme this issue type is using,   click  the link  and the  you  can  also  click  edit  screen .  Add  resolution field  which  is a system  field.

Like Guy Renko likes this

@Moses Thomas  My issue is resolved now.

Thanks, everyone.

Boikobo Masasa February 16, 2023

It is not resolved the system is very manipulative 

Guy Renko January 8, 2024

@Moses Thomas Thank you!

I just needed to add a resolution to few issues where the Workflow didn't add the Resolution (fixed now) but I'm trying to figure out if I should just leave this field exposed like this.  It's kind of nice have quick access to it.

0 votes

@Moses Thomas @Yogesh Mude

from now we can change status to "DONE"

but what about the previous one. I want to change the status of them to resolve.

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2018

@AKSHAY THAKAREI assume you have the screen  added to  workflow .The easiest way for you now is to reopen  this ticket and  then push it to resolve, when you  reach  the resolve issue transition the screen  will pop up. then you can change resolution.

Best!.

Like Samridh Sharma likes this
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2018

HI @AKSHAY THAKARE

from now we can change status to "DONE"

Could you please let me know on which transition you have been added the post function..if possible attach the screenshot for the same.

but what about the previous one. I want to change the status of them to resolve.

If you have been added the post function to resolved issue transition then the status will be the resolved only the resolution will be set accordingly...like done/fixed..

@Yogesh Mude I added a transition to the screen.

I haven't created post function

transition.PNG

Here I have added Screen so from now whenever I select resolve, then one pop up comes from were I select resolution status to "done".

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2018

Yes, it's correct.

Now what about the previous request as are "Done" but still resolution status is "unresolved"

I want to change it to " Done"  is there any way to change.

@Yogesh Mude   is there any manual way?

Like Karol Gorzoch likes this
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2018

For old tickets, you can run the JQl like ...

resolution = unresolved 

Then do the bulk change and select the edit operations and then edit the resolution to done.

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2018

@AKSHAY THAKAREYou will need to  add resolve  issue screen in the resolve issue transition in the workflow.  Log as admin  >  screens  check  whether you  have a screen  such as this  usually name resolve issue screen.  if  you  don't  have it then  create one  and add these fields to  the screen ,  the Go to  workflow and double click on  the  resolve  issue transition  and the look for your resolve issue screen  and the update workflow. after  that  you will have to  click resolve transition again then  the screen  will pop up and there you can  change resolution,  if  you have the transition ( resolve issue transition) with  the setting that says " all status can  transition to RESOLVED  status"  OR you  can reopen  issue again  until you  reach  the resolve issue transition so  that  you  can  change resolution.Selection_029.png

Best  regards,

Suggest an answer