How to change multi-level cascade field values

Alik February 27, 2020

Hi all,

I need to create new multi cascade custom field in my Jira instance (Jira server 7.12), but I need the help, because in cascade field documentation I can't find necessary information regarding my question.

I need one check list (containing 5 client names) and accordingly date pickers per each client name, to choose date (dates can be different for each client).

If possible I want to select more that one client name with accordingly date/time.

If I am not mistaken cascade field are using SQL table data to determine check list. I don't know how to create or configure it

For example

Select OptionName from "table name" where FieldName = 'field name'

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Alik

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2020

Hello @Alik ,

A "Cascading Select List"  custom field is applicable to select a static preset value from an option list configured for the field, and does not have the capability of adding in a dynamically set date picker value to the field options. 

An alternative option for this would be to look into a add-on that would allow two separate fields to be set based on the values in the originating field as discussed in this post:

Regards,
Earl
Alik March 5, 2020

Hi @Earl McCutcheon ,

Thanks for you answer.

Regards,

Alik

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer