How to change language throughout all of JIRA / translate all content

In a user profile, when you change the language, it converts the default JIRA field names and some content, but most of the custom fields and user inputted information is still shown in English. Is there a way to translate all content across the application on a user by user basis? For example, if we want to deploy across multiple countries, can some users instances be in Spanish, German, English, etc?

I found documentation on translating JIRA but nothing was particularly helpful.

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Molly,

I noticed this issue a while ago. There has been a lot of questions about this like:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/48199/accepted-translations-don-t-apply-please-vote-on-my-jira-issue

And @Christian created a Jira issue for this:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-28198

In this case is for german, but this a bug that hasn't been fixed yet.

The transalations work only for the default JIRA content. The user input data will not be translated. Similarly third party plugins etc might not support transalation and it will depend on how the plugin is implemented.

Even in the default translataions, there maybe loopholes and that where the "Translating JIRA" document is helpful.

Please use the Google Translate Extention in Chrome Browser and you can translate the content too.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

224 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you