How to calculate spent time in JIRA without logging it

Grudinina_ Galina _ INSD April 30, 2023

Hello, 

My manager would like to know, if there is a way to retrieve the daily activity of the user across all the issues and different projects he/she is making changes, comments, assigning people etc? In order to sum up the time spent in Jira and it will be easier for a person to input hours in company system.
Maybe there are some plugins we can use? API’s?

Important requirement: do not log time

I could find the audit log functionality, where Admin can export activity in csv or excel file: Audit activities in Jira applications | Atlassian Support

But could not implement it, as the API seems to be only to be suitable for Jira Cloud: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-audit-records/#api-group-audit-records

While searching found that some people need the same functionality, but have no success with the implementation: How do I list the time spent only by me on JIRA is...

I’m aware of time tracking and the use of plugins, but originally looking for what I mentioned above.

Please, let me know if you have any suggestions

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Hi @Grudinina_ Galina _ INSD ,

I really don't understand how you would like to calculate time spent based on an action. For example, if a user put a comment in a ticket after an analysis withiut logging time how the system should be able to calculate effort?

Please clarify that poit,

Fabio

Grudinina_ Galina _ INSD May 2, 2023

Hello, @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 
We want to measure the time approximately.
For example, the user added a first comment at 10:00 and the 2nd comment at 10:10, so most probably he/she worked in Jira this 10 mins.

Or as you can see here, we can audit the activity this way.

I know, the request is quite foggy, we are just curious if there any tool that can calculate the time for different tools. Maybe some browsers plugins

Kind regards,
Galina

Suggest an answer