How do I list the time spent only by me on JIRA issues?

John Barnes January 4, 2022

I want a list of how long I have spent on each of my assigned issues.

5 answers

7 votes
Simon Berdal May 18, 2022

For crying out loud! Yes, it's nice with a marked place for really advanced stuff. But Atlassian shouldn't make Jira and Confluence crippleware (with very limited JQL, dashboard and, filters functionality, etc.) in order to maximize the marked for 3rd party vendors. 

User story 1 

As a paying user of Jira, I want to have all typical and basic needs covered by Jira, without the need to resort to expensive (and partly insecure) 3rd party solutions

Also, its really annoying with all this unsolicited marketing spam in the forum. @Atlassian and @[deleted], perhaps you could implement a feature that allows marketplace partners to link to their products. In a section dedicated for Marketplace vendors claiming that a given feature is covered by their product. That would really help to have proper threads in the Community, and those that want can simply ignore such an advertising section.

User story 2

As an Atlassian Community member, I want to find relevant information without being hammered with unsolicited marketing spam by 3rd party Marketplace vendors. 

Sehreen Jafry July 7, 2022

I couldn't have called it out better. I have a similar query about time tracking reporting in Jira. But all the threads are filled with marketing spam.
It is absurd, how Jira has provided some half cooked features to us for free, but for the rest we have to resort to paid add-ons. Why provide 'Time spent' on tasks option, if there is zero in-built reporting for it?

Like # people like this
7 votes
Karolina Wons_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2022

Hello @John Barnes 

You can try Time in Status for Jira Cloud. This add-on helps you to monitor how long it takes you to complete a task.

You just need to choose a Time in Status report and filter by Assignee. tis by assignee.png

Choose your name in the drop-down list and get the time you have spent on your tasks in the "Total" column.

Also, in this discussion, you can find additional answers on how to get the Cycle time for your Jira issues.

This add-on is developed by my team and is free for using up to 10 users. So let me know if you have any questions.

1 vote
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 5, 2022

Hi @John Barnes 

As an alternative to get the time spent data, you can try out our plugin

Agile Tools : Epic Tree, Links Tree, Time in Status & Worklogs

The app provides the following features.

Worklogs & Time tracking Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features. Export to csv format is also available. You can filter based on worklogs time period as well.

Along with this there are multiple other features like Time in Status, Links Hierarchy, Epic Hierarchy etc which the app provides.

Worklogs Report.PNGWorklogs Report - Filter Crtiteria.PNG

1 vote
Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 5, 2022

Hello @John Barnes ,

Unfortunately, Jira Time Logs does not allow to create a summed up report of the logged hours. However, you could try using our app - Worklogs Time Tracking and Reports. It allows you to create custom reports based on Jira Time Logs and Jira issue fields. For example, you can easily check, how much time, each user spent on specific projects, issue types, priority or epics. 

how to user report.gif

You can also, use Worklogs to submit your Time Logs, which makes keeping a track of your daily tasks easier.

How to Log Time using Work Logs.gif

Hope it helps! Please feel free to contact me with any question here. I'll be happy to assist you!

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

Hi @John Barnes 

Use the below plugin

Timesheet tracking for Jira | Atlassian Marketplace

OR

Save the filter with the below query, add a gadget to show the filter results selecting columns of worklog data

assignee = currentUser()

Thanks,
Pramodh

Dmitry Astapkovich _Colined_
Marketplace Partner
January 6, 2022

not a reliable solution, since you can log time to the issues that aren't assigned to you. Or if you were the assignee, but it was changed later. 

so, I would recommend using this:

worklogAuthor = currentUser()

alternatively, you can try one of the apps we (Colined) develop: 

in case you need a demo or further explanation on the subj, just let me know

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer