How to bulk update comment by tagging individual assignee?

Wani, Yash April 5, 2024

Asking this question again, as syntax provided in earlier answers are not working. I donot have access to Jira Automation (no admin access). I'm looking to bulk update  the comments by tagging the assignees for 14-15 issues at time for different workstreams. Looking forward for answers from the community :)

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2024

Hi @Wani, Yash - You mention that you're "adding this question again". Can you either provide a link to the original question or provide more context? 

Firstly, when you say you "do not have access to Jira Automation", are you saying you're not even a project admin? 

If the answer is yes... The only way you can solve for this is by creating a filter for each of the assignees and performing a bulk change. At which point it will offer a "Change Comment" option that you can use. 

If the answer is no... You do have project administrator rights which means you have access to automation (at least to execute against a single project). In this scenario, it would help to understand how you're identifying the 14-15 issues. 

Wani, Yash April 5, 2024

Thank you Mark! I wish but I do not have project admin access. I have used to former method of creating filter and then making the bulk upload. Thank you for your response! Have a good day :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events