We used to have 6-7 customer request types, but we decided only 4 of them are actually useful and deleted the rest, now about 25% of all our 2200+ issues doesn't have any value in the "customer request type" field, I tried to change those by bulk change but there is no choice like: "Change customer request type". Is there any other way?
I tested from my end and the option to change the issue type is available for bulk operation.
Can you give it another try and send us an screenshot of the screen of bulk change?
This way, I can check what you are seeing when trying to change the type.
Not sure if you still need this.
I faced this issue this morning and after trying a filter to bulk change over 200 issues. I noticed afterwards that the filter was giving me results to issues spanning across 2 projects. I could not find that field in the list of fields to bulk change.
On my cloud instance I have the possibility to change the "Customer Request Type" if I'm bulk changing issues from the same project.
If I try to bulk change a list of issues, that span through different projects. Then, the above field is not available in the list of fields to bulk edit. I believe this is related to one of the projects being an internal one and not having that field available to use at all.
I have exactly the same issue.
I have already search issues of a single project (without subtasks) however the options in Change Customer Request Type are grey out. I cannot click to select them but if I write down the name of the Service Desk Request Type and try to bulk update I get the error message:
Invalid customer request value
The issue query:
project = GSDUS AND issuetype = "HW Issue"
I can update the request type inside each issue on the right bottom corner in the section "Service Desk Request".
However to do it for each ticket individually is not feasible (over 10k issues)
What other alternative I may have?
Unfortunately the Customer Request Type field is one of those things Atlassian should have never invented. It is neither a true custom field as it is considered a locked/proprietary custom field nor is it part of the Global Issue Type (Issue Type, Priorities, etc.) which is probably the type of field it should have been in the first place. Because of these design issues Customer Request Types just do not behave the same when you try to do operations like Bulk move/edit where those process workflows know how to match an Issue Type or Normal Custom Field.
Right now I am having a different problem trying to move an issue from Project A to Project B, both of which have identical Customer Request Types, but the Bulk Move operator cannot detect the matching type in the field and requires manual intervention.
The only way I've been able to truly work around this limitation is to export to CSV make the necessary modification and import CSV (the global one which allows Issue Key import)
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events