How to build customer portal with 3 levels of services?

IvanK June 9, 2016

How to build customer portal with 3 levels of services? As it designed in Atlassian:

Untitled.png

1 answer

1 vote
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

There's no explicit design for multiple levels of support, but it's not that complicated to implement. You have a few options:

1. Base your levels of support on statuses. If you escalate the issue to level 2, it goes into a status called "In level 2" or whatever makes sense to you. You can set up your queues accordingly, so that your queue called "level 1 support" contains the issues in the Level 1 status/es (you may need more than 1 status for each level)
  2. Make a custom field called "Support Level" with values 1,2,3. When you escalate the issues from level 1 to 2, make it go through a transition that sets the value of that custom field to "2" with a post-function. Again, edit your queue queries to only pick up issues that have the relevant field value

I would pick option 2 if I needed that for myself. It makes a workflow with fewer steps, and you never lose track of the current support level as it goes through multiple transitions.

Suggest an answer