I would like to automate adding a comment (such as "please open a new ticket" ) to an issue that was already resolved more than a week ago.
So here's what I want explained:
1) Issue X is created by A (customer)
2) X is processed and resolved by B (agent)
3) 1 week has passed since the ticket is resolved.
4) Issue is later commented on by C.(another customer)
5) JIRA automatically adds a comment to the issue saying that "issue is closed more than a week ago, please open another ticket"
I know I can use SLAs to keep track of the issues that are closed more than a week ago but I don't know how to automatically add a comment to a ticket when someone comments on it. (Automation do not give me an option to trigger when an event happens)
On both server and cloud I was able to do the following:
Project Administration>Automation>Add Rule>Custom Rule
When I got to the rule creation screen, I added the following:
WHEN: "Comment added"
IF: "Issue Matches">"resolutiondate < -7d"
THEN: "Add comment" > "Please open another ticket" > "Public Comment"
The only thing I would caution on is that the above "comment added" trigger doesn't distinguish between agent and user comments. This rule will operate if either an agent or a customer comments on it.
Hope this helps!
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG