How to approve a JIRA through email

Selvabagavathi Raju October 31, 2014

Hi,

I want to know how to approve a JIRA through email without opening/logging in to the JIRA, for example I access my mail box through smart phone and I just want to approve the JIRA just by clicking the button in the JIRA or just sending the email reply as "Approved", it should get reflected in the JIRA. Please let me know how to achieve this?

Thanks & Regards

Selva

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2014

JEMH can help with that, you can supply Directives to drive issue transitions, eg first line of a reply to an issue notification could contain:

@approved

the rest

How this works is that you define the 'Directive' as an Alias, the value of which is the real field and value, allowing you to isolate what is done, in this case, an Alias where the key is approved would have a value of workflow=Approve Issue (or whatever the transition was)

Zach Stahl December 6, 2018

Hi @Andy Brook,

Are you still around? We just added JEMH to resolve this exact problem but are struggling to implement. We would like to be able to reply back to a notification "approved" and JEMH transitions the JIRA to an Output status. The current workflow transition for this is called finalize.

Each time I attempt to create a Directive Alias, there are no values available. Is there a tutorial somewhere that walks through this process?

Deleted user December 7, 2018

Hi Zach,

I can see that you have raised a support ticket with us directly regarding this, we will follow up via that ticket shortly.

Kind Regards,

Reece

Suggest an answer