How to allow/deny user to create new Statuses ?

David S October 21, 2019

I have a user that would like to create new Status and add them to a workflow on a project.

How do I allow/deny a user or group permission to create new Statuses?

Is that a "Jira System Administrators" only option?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2019

Hi @David S ,

Only Jira administrators will be able to create new statues in Jira and project administrators will be able to use the already created statues into the project workflow but they will not be able to add any new statues into Jira.

Thanks,

Avinash

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2019

@davi 

Hi David

the user will need the JIRA Administrators permission

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/add-new-status-and-steps-to-jira-server-workflows-718835875.html

Project admins can reuse exiting statuses

As this might mean that the user is also able to do all other administrative changes i do not think you should follow that track (as it might also end in a bunch of states that are kind of duplicate), instead i would suggest to have one person or a team of persons being responsible for these changes

Cheers

Kurt

David S October 21, 2019

Appreciate it. Wish I could make that call.

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2019

-

Suggest an answer