How to allow a user group to view all workflow transition of a certain project?

Aira Veronica Dizon January 28, 2020

In a project, how do I view all transitions in  the workflow on my screen but some of the transition buttons are disabled? Because I want to view all transitions but I should only be allowed to perform the assigned transition to me.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Leo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2020

Hi @Aira Veronica Dizon,

If some transition buttons are not visible means they are configured with condition unless it meets it's condition they won't visible to user(s)/currentuser

Also I don't think there is a way to disable transition button when they are in the screen

if you want to see all transitions or rather workflow, you can if you are granted permission with "View Read-Only Workflow"  

or to achieve your requirement you can follow below one

Remove conditions from transition(s) and  configure your workflow with Validator --> this will not hide any transition buttons at the same time it won't disable them rather will throw error when you execute transition(S) which you are not suppose to

BR,

Leo

Aira Veronica Dizon January 28, 2020

how do I grant a user group a Read-Only Workflow? will that enable the group to view all transitions of a workflow and is it possible to be able to perform "some" of those transitions but not all?

Leo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2020

you can grant that permission by modifying permission scheme for the event "View Read-Only Workflow" and it will just display complete workflow as you see in the project settings

Users will get an option like "View Workflow" under Status field in issue detail view

Suggest an answer