How to add watcher (customer) to an issue reporter by another customer?

Deleted user November 3, 2020

Hi,

I'm an agent for Jira Service Desk and have an issue created by a user/customer.

I would like to add another watcher (not agent but customer) to this specific issue as he is involved as well in this issue. I check the tread in the community but didn't find the solution.

I want that the added watcher can see all the comments in the issue, comments between me (assignee) and the user (reporter), and maybe can comment as well.

Is this possible and how can I do this?

Thanks.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for yoy quick reply :)

Does it mean that I have to add the field Request participants to the issue screen?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2020

If it's not yet on there then indeed you will need to add the "Request Participants" field to your edit/view screen.

Only then will an agent be able to add a customer to it.

Like # people like this

It worked, thanks a lot Dirk. You saved me many hours of try and search :)

Like # people like this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2020

Hi @[deleted] ,

A watcher is actually an internal user (so an agent or a JSW user).

If you want to add a Customer to the ticket (for follow up) that would be the field "Request Participants"

When you add a user there it is as if they were added using the "share with" on the customer portal

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events