How to add set of predefined fields with Jira Service Desk Forms?

Jesper Fransson September 7, 2022

I'm trying to build a form in which users should be able to order trips for an entire team. The teams are always of various size so what I want to achieve is that you should be able to press like Add User and a set of three predefined fields should appear. 

You should be able to add as many users as you like. 

Is there a way to do this? 

Best regards, 

Jesper

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2022

Hi @Jesper Fransson 

No, you can't do this in Jira with out of the box functionalities.

What you could do is to experiment with multi picker fields, such as multi-user picker which allows you to select more that one use. The other fields what are they about?

Jesper Fransson September 7, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Yes, from what I can find out of the native functionalities I think I should just make a table with like 15 rows, and if the team extends 15 people this needs to be added separately in a comment or another ticket.

I've been looking at the multi-user picker field but using that one only gives me the username and won't give me the other fields I want. For each team member there should be three fields: 

Passport number
Expiry date
Issue country

The preferable way would be to just click Add user or a +

Any other ideas? 

Thanks alot, 

/ Jesper

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

@Jesper Fransson sorry, but as I told you, the preferable way doesn't exist on Jira. I mean Jira can do a great deal of things, but Atlassian can't satisfy all people's need. And that because how Jira works currently can't support this.

Now, onward to a viable solution!

What I thought is that you could use Forms for that matter. Forms can have sections which appear conditionally. In that sense, although it's plenty of work you can:

• Create a form
  • Place that form on the request type
  • Create a dropdown field on that form with values from 1 to 15
  • Create 15 different sections which will appear according to the value of the above field
  • In every of the 15 sections you have to add 3 fields (times the value of the above field) which will be required
    • Pass number
    • Expiry Date
    • Issue Country

The above solution will have a lot of maintenance, but it's the closest to what you want

Let me know if that works for you.

Jesper Fransson September 8, 2022

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ thanks for the reply. 

Yes I've agreed with the customer that the best solution is to go with the conditional logic for 15 options in a dropdown. 

Thanks alot for your help!

Cheers, 

Jesper 

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

I just found out a problem with the solution. Once you've filled in everything on the different options, 1-15. The only thing showing is just the last one once you send the request. 

How to tackle this?

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

Share a screenshot please @Jesper Fransson 

For instance, there's no possibility to show the information set in Traveler 1.

ticket internal.PNG

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

Can you also share the form please, especially the fields of the section for the 2 travelers? How many fields you have? Only for one user or for two?

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

And what is this?what is this.png

That's not the solution I described on my previous comments.

Is this not the intended way of setting it up?

ticket form.PNG

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

Nope. That's not what I said :)

I'm repeating my self again and I'll mention once more that the solution I provided has a lot of maintenance.

Inside the section of the 2 traveler you have to copy the first, last name, country etc.

• One traveler: [First name, last name, email, phone, passport number, expiry date and issue country]
  • Two travelers: [First name, last name, email, phone, passport number, expiry date and issue country] <- these fields * 2
  • Three travelers: [First name, last name, email, phone, passport number, expiry date and issue country] <- these fields * 3
  • Fifteen travelers: [First name, last name, email, phone, passport number, expiry date and issue country] <- these fields * 15

And again, that's a lot of maintenance.

I'm not sure I follow at all, what do you mean by copy in this context?

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

For X number of travelers in each section you must have X*[First name, last name, email, phone, passport number, expiry date and issue country]. So if you have 3 travelers you have to create 3 First Name Fields, 3 Last Name fields, 3 Email, 3 phone numbers etc.

If you have 15 travelers then you must have 15 field of First name, 15 fields of Last name etc

oh, now I get it! Sorry for my incompetence. Have a great day!

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

@Jesper Fransson no worries mate ;) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events