How to add/remove a custom field in JIRA notification email ?

Vivek Sharma June 6, 2022

Summary-

Description -

Attachment-

Extension No-

Mobile No.-

Seat Location -

Current Location -

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2022

Hi @Vivek Sharma 

Are you referring to customers' notifications, or the internal notifications? The latter can't be changed and depends on what fields are changing during the action (e.g. on update issue). For customers' notifications you can edit them via project settings -> customers' notifications. Find the template and edit it. You will see while editing all the fields you can use.

If the email sent out is from Jira Automation, then edit the rule and change the smart values.

If the email sent out is from a workflow post function, then you have to find this post function, edit it and include all the fields you want by adding/removing the corresponding variable.

If you more specific as to which notification you want to change, I will be able to provide a more solid answer.

Alex  

actually i want to remove mobile no ,extension no fields in notification mail.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2022

And which notification is this? Can you share a screenshot?

hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ I want to remove mobile no ,extension no fields in notification mail.

When we create the JIra ticket, after that the notification which is mailed, the fields have to be removed.

ok

ticket.png

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_  i have attached the screenshot.

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2022

@Vivek Sharma thanks for the clarification!

As I stated on my first reply "For customers' notifications you can edit them via project settings -> customers' notifications. Find the template and edit it. You will see while editing all the fields you can use."

Did you try the above?

ticket1.pngticket2.png

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_  after edit templates showing the screen .i attached the screenshot.

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2022

@Vivek Sharma  first of all, your SMTP is turned off. Did you do that for editing the template?

Second of all, you have to edit the specific email notification and not the general template. Meaning that you have to edit the Request Created email:

create request edit.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events