How to add multiple rich text fields to JIRA

NC March 15, 2017

I am attempting to add multiple rich text editor fields the same as the default details field type however i am unable to find the correct field type that contains the below:

image2017-3-16 7:48:27.png

NB: we are using JIRA Cloud, is this function supported

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2017

It is supported in JIRA cloud.

The field types you need to add are either Text Field (multi-line) or Text Field (single line).

Then you need to update the field configuration which applies to the project(s)/issue type(s) that where you are using the fields. In that field configuration, you need to set the renderer for your fields to the 'Wiki Style Renderer' rather than the 'Default Text Renderer'.

Sam

NC March 15, 2017

Hi Sam,

Many thanks, however I am having an issue locating the option to amend the Renderer type, can you point me in the right location

thanks

Like Juan Pablo Ghelfi likes this
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2017

One way:

• Go to the Project Settings page for your project
  • In the side bar under the 'Project Settings' heading you should see a list of links: 'Details', 'Summary', 'Re-index project', etc. Click on the Fields link
  • This will take you to a page which shows the field configuration(s) used by your project.
  • Click Actions > Edit Fields 
  • Scroll and find the field you want to change the renderer on. Click the Renderers link (on the right hand side of screen) and change the renderer for the field.

field-renderer.png

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer