How to add image not uploaded by me from attachments to description (new Issue view)?

inesroessler November 13, 2020

Hi,

sorry if this is obvious, but I wasn't able to figure it out yet.

With the old issue view I could simply add every image attached to the story by clicking on the image icon of the editor. With the new issue view the image icon opens an overlay offering me to upload an image or choose from previously uploaded images - but only the ones that I uploaded myself! But there are basically three people in my project working on the stories, so it's possible that someone else adds an attachment to the story that I want to add to the description later on. However, this seems to not be possible.

Simply typing "!filename!" doesn't work either and wouldn't be my preferred way, since I need to type the complete filename by myself which is error prone in itself.

Is there any way to add an attached image that was not uploaded by me to the description??

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2020

Hello @inesroessler,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

On the new issue view, when uploading a file or image, it will show all types of attachments that you previously uploaded to other Jira tickets or even on Confluence pages of any Atlassian Cloud site. 

This is a known bug. You can find more details on the tickets below:

On the first link, click on "Vote" and on the second one, click on "This affects my team". Also click on Watch on both tickets to receive future updates.

Regards,
Angélica

inesroessler November 16, 2020

Hello @Angélica Luz ,

thanks for your reply. Seems like I didn't find those tickets because they only refer to the comments.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon, because for us it is essential to use attached images in our stories.

Regards,

Ines

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events