How to achieve numeric bug triage in JIRA?

The system I implemented in a custom little bug tracker I wrote allowed bugs to have a "user pain" score depending on (1) how many users it affects, (2) how serious it is, (3) what components it affects, and (4) how long has it been sitting untouched. By a weighted multiplication of these, "user pain" was calculated as a floating-point number.

Is there a plugin for JIRA that would give me the exact same capability - letting me perform math on numeric representations of issue fields, including date comparisons? I'd very much like to filter (and sort!) issues according to "user pain" calculated like that.

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello Sinus,

You can use the calculated fields from JIRA Misc Custom Fields to achieve this. smile

-- Arthur Gonçalves

While perhaps great for Server usage, that plugin is sadly unavailable in a Cloud-hosted JIRA, which my question regarded :/

I found a plugin called "Lambda Plugin", described vaguely as "Decode issue fields", but it's just a custom search with some expressions that can't really be saved into and viewed on an issue.

Hi! 

trying to do the same here... did you have any luck? Would be very happy to get some feedback for whatever solution you ended up with :)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

578 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you