How to JQL a list of tasks that are linked to a feature that has a specific tag?

fmak March 12, 2021

Hi,

I have a list of features, and in each of the features, i have linked tasks that will deliver that feature.

I have labelled each of these features with a tag "x". 

Is it possible to write a JQL that get all the list of tasks which will deliver feature that has the "x" tag?

Many thanks!

3 answers

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2021

Hi @fmak -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately you cannot perform that query with out of the box Jira Cloud.  Your options to solve this depend upon how frequently you need this solved:

• Need this often: consider purchasing a JQL add-on from the marketplace to enhance searches
  • Need this infrequently...

a) Run one query to get all of your epics with that tag/label

project = myProject
AND issueType = Epic
AND Labels = "X"

b) Export the list of issues, and grab just the keys to produce a list like this: (EPIC-1, EPIC-2, EPIC-3, ...)

c) Run another query to get the tasks for those epics

project = myProject
AND issueType = task
AND "Epic Link" IN (EPIC-1, EPIC-2, EPIC-3, ...)

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 17, 2021

Hi @fmak 

Also, you can try the app created by my team - Dynamic Filter: JQL Replacer.

It lets you filter the issue list without JQL knowledge. In your case, you can create make such configurations like in this screenshot.

2021-03-17_9-57-04.png

If you need more information, place let me know.

Regards

Zoryana

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2021

Hello @fmak 

First, everything that Bill wrote is correct, you can't achieve this out of the box you need an add-on from the marketplace.

There are many choices, commonly used Adaptavist ScriptRunner.

Here is JQL for Scriptrunner

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issuetype = task and labels in ( 'label_1', 'label_2')" )

You can change the issue type to whatever you want or you can use a different condition you can use project instead of issue type, whatever you want.

BR, Olga

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events