How to Get the Data from Custom field (Dump)

akhil bunty June 25, 2019

Need Dump For Custom Fields

5 answers

1 vote
Ilya Turov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2019

you can search with JQL for all the issues you need this dump for, add the custom field to columns and export it to excel or csv

akhil bunty June 25, 2019

jql for getting dump of custom field data...

Vimalraj June 25, 2019

You may refer to below link to create a JQL

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-764478330.html

Once you have your JQL results. You can add custom field you need to export by selecting "Column" at the right side and select your custom field. Once your field is added to the column, you can export by select "Export" at the top right. Hope it helps.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2019

Repeating the "question" with something already in the answer you got is not helpful.

Please explain what you think a "dump" is, and why @Ilya Turov 's answer is not what you need. 

You could also benefit from explaining what you think you want a "dump" for - there's every chance a "dump" is a really poor answer tow the actual question, and we can offer you something much better.

Like # people like this
akhil bunty June 26, 2019

I need Custom field Values...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2019

This tells us nothing more.  We already know you want something from custom fields, but "dump", "values" and similar words do not explain it.

Please tell us what you think a "dump" is, what it contains, and better, why you want it.  What are you going to do with it?

0 votes
Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2021

If the task at hand is to duplicate a custom field (with select or cascade), to a new field in the same server, then you can use the ScriptRunner built-in script 'Copy Custom Field Values'.

0 votes
Carolyn Nelson September 21, 2020

Is there an enhancement request A) to allow us to clone a single select, multi-select or cascading custom field with its options and then give the clone a new name?  And B) to export these custom field options to csv?  The latter could be a workaround for A) as you could then set up a re-import and get the values into a new custom field, but it would be messy.  This is especially needed for Cloud where there is no Script Runner option.  We have many custom fields with over a hundred options and it is extremely painful to provide these to users for review and clean up or create similar, but slightly modified contexts.

0 votes
akhil bunty June 26, 2019

Any Chances of getting the custom field values form the DataBase...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2019

Yes, you can, but you still need to explain what you actually want from them.  There's two obvious sets of data you might mean and quite a lot more that's not so obvious.

Please, could you just tell us what you are looking for?  Or explain what you are trying to do with the data so we can give you a useful answer?

Jonathan Harber February 4, 2020

I will tell you what I want.  I want to be able to recreate and exact replica of a given Custom Field with a new name, so I want to write the total configuration of a Custom Field to use as a reference for the new field.  A better way would be if I were able to copy a current field to a new field name with the exact same configuration.  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2020

Best you can do for that option at the moment is copy the list of option names you want from the source field and then add them, one at a time, to the new field (there's probably some scripting options)

Jonathan Harber February 5, 2020

Right, that is what I was trying to avoid.  Thanks.

0 votes
John Fetzik
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2019

Making a guess here that you are looking for something like a CSV file with all the unique values that are stored in one or more custom fields.

I am not aware of a built in way to do this. So you might need to investigate using the REST API or one of the scripting add-ons.

Suggest an answer