How to Edit a Locked Field

Penguin January 7, 2019

I see many field descriptions like this in our project where there seems to be html tags around the text.  It looks really nasty:

Untitled.jpg

In the custom fields, this has been easy to resolve, but I have been unable to work out how to do it in the locked fields.

I am a site admin.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Sid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2019

Hi @Penguin,

the above answer by @Matt Doar is for the server. If you are using Jira Cloud version this cannot be applied 

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2019

Very true.

Like Penguin likes this
1 vote
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2019

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-unlock-a-locked-jira-software-field-779158866.html

I've also done it with a ScriptRunner script before

Careful not to change the name or custom field context or you may break a plugin. Test in staging first.

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2020
Jennifer Choban
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 1, 2021

So is there no way to unlock a locked custom field in cloud?

M_ Asad Hashmi January 6, 2022

Suggest an answer