Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unlock a field with Script Runner

Has anyone used Script Runner to unlock a custom field? The current case is the creating a new metric in Service Desk creates a locked SLA field. If you delete the particular service desk that uses the metric, the custom field is not removed.

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

I think, something like this should work.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.config.managedconfiguration.ManagedConfigurationItemService
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager

ManagedConfigurationItemService managedConfigurationItemService = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(ManagedConfigurationItemService)
CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()

def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName('My Customfield')

if (cf) {
    def mci = managedConfigurationItemService.getManagedCustomField(cf)
    if (mci) {
        managedConfigurationItemService.removeManagedConfigurationItem(mci)
    }
    customFieldManager.removeCustomField(cf)
}

But, I didn't test it because I don't want to have to set up a new test environment. :-)

Worked like a charm, thanks! For followers: to only unlock the field just comment out the removeCustomField method near the end.

I've heard that unlocking a custom field stops it appearing as a choice in the Add Column with JIRA 6.2 and later. Test this all in a staging JIRA first, as usual.

And from Rene Bodack (kreuzwerker) at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILEKB/How+to+unlock+a+Locked+fieldto lock the field again:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.config.managedconfiguration.ConfigurationItemAccessLevel
import com.atlassian.jira.config.managedconfiguration.ManagedConfigurationItemService
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager
ManagedConfigurationItemService managedConfigurationItemService = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(ManagedConfigurationItemService)
CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()

def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName('My Customfield')

if (cf) {
    def mci = managedConfigurationItemService.getManagedCustomField(cf)
    if (mci) {
        def managedConfigurationItemBuilder = mci.newBuilder();
        def updatedMci = managedConfigurationItemBuilder
            .setManaged(true)
            .setConfigurationItemAccessLevel(ConfigurationItemAccessLevel.LOCKED)
            .build();
        managedConfigurationItemService.updateManagedConfigurationItem(updatedMci);
    }
}

I wonder if customFieldManager.removeCustomField(customFieldObject) will work on locked fields?

There is info how to do it at the database level at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILEKB/How+to+unlock+a+Locked+field

but I don't want to restart JIRA

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Delivery and Operations Teams can be more Effective and Profitable

Managing services end-to-end, optimizing efforts to deliver the best services to customers. This is what team leaders and managers want to achieve. When using a tool like Jira, it...

33 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you