It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to Display Attachments using XPorter templates

I am attempting to display a listing of the attached documents on my pdf. I am using Xporter version 2.5.2, JIRA version 5.1.4. According to Xporter documentation, it looks like Attachments keyword should be available.

The code I am using in my template is as follows, but nothing displays on the pdf.

#{for attachments}

${Attachments[n].Author}

${ Attachments [n].Filename}

${ Attachments [n].CreatedDate}

#{end}

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Nancy,

Currently we only have the mapping for ${Attachments} which displays the name of the attachments. It is not possible to iterate over the attachments as you are requesting. But it is a nice feature for a future release, we will seriously consider it.

Best regards,

Hi there, Frerenc mentions that JIRA PDF View Plugin can export/ imbed the attachments. Is this feature ever going to be available in Xporter?

It's been 5 more years and apparently, xPorter still cannot export the evidence/images in my test executions run using xRay.  This is very disappointing to me since a test execution report without the evidence (screenshots) is not useful at all in my process that is subject to regulatory audits.

Like Sven Rollinger likes this

Yes that´s true!

I must note that the JIRA PDF View Plugin can export all attachment information or even embed the attachments themselves in PDF exports!

Links:

This screenshot demonstrates listing the attachments in the PDF, and also offering them for opening or saving them in Acrobat Reader:

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

375 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you