How to Bulk Update username by using Jira Cloud

Ravina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2022

I want update multiple username at a time by using excel sheet .

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

Do you really mean updating usernames, or do you mean you are trying to select different users in reporter/assignee/custom-user-field/etc?

Ravina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2022

No I want to update existing user with new user

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2022

I'm sorry, but repeating the phrase that I am questioning the meaning of does not explain it.

What is "update new user with existing user"?  What would it actually do?

Ravina
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2022

I am migrating data from jira server instance to jira cloud instance and both instances using different user management (different user name) users already have account on migrated instance, but there user name are different in both server and cloud instance.

so using script before migration I want to update the jira server username with respect to there cloud instance username.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events