How time does it take to migrate data from Foxzugz to Jira?

Nitish Sastry January 19, 2020

I want to migrate approx 5000 Bug list from FogBugz to Jira. Before I start the migration project; I want to estimate the time and effort.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2020

Hi @Nitish Sastry

This does depend on a few things such as:

• How are you transferring the list of records? API or CSV?
  • What data are you intending to bring across - eg. basic field data vs comments vs attachments
  • Do you have your Jira instance setup and have the field mapping - i.e Field A in FogBugz maps to Field A in Jira

^ You need to know what data you want to migrate and into what structure in Jira - as the two platforms do vary.

Based on the above it could be a matter of hours right up to a few days I would imagine. But if it was a simple export / import with all completed mapping it could be done pretty quick :)

Ste

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2020

There is effort and duration. Effort might be 1-2d but duration maybe 5d. The duration considers trial and error, designing projects, clean up, etc. getting the issues imported would only be a few hours. My point here is to plan for a week to go live.

Like # people like this
Nitish Sastry January 19, 2020

Thank you so much Ste and Jack!  This helps me to have some timelines planned. I will write to you once I have a definite approach to migrate these instances. Thanks once again!

Suggest an answer