How do you change an approver in a Service project?

Sherrie Brown June 14, 2021

We had a change-manager leave the company and I can't seem to edit the the change-manager field to replace the approver. I'm the administrator but it tells me I do not have permissions to transition the issue as well.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2021

as an admin go to admin > issues > custom fields and for the approver field click on ellipses then choose context. in that screen you can edit the approver list

I'm able to add/edit the custom fields but I can't figure out how to change the change - manager in a particular Service Project image.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2021

that screen is foreign to me. Can you share more of the screen? Is this a CMP or TMP project (bottom left corner will indicate).

this article may help - set-up-a-pre-set-list-of-approvers it is for CMP but has a link to TMP

The bottom left corner is You're in a company-managed project. Here is the rest of the screen: The drop down for Awaiting Manager Approval says I don't have permissions to transition this issue - weird - I can in other projects. Thank you for your time! 

image.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2021

i think you are looking at a specific issue not in the admin section as i mentioned. assuming you are an admin...

1. click on cog in upper right hand corner
  2. click on Issues
  3. click on Custom fields
  4. find your specific approver field
  5. click on ellipses
  6. click on Context and default values
  7. click on "edit default value"
  8. change and save

Thanks, I did that too this morning - added myself too and that change - manager I still can't edit and I do not show up there as an approver. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2021

did you test with creating a new issue?

Yes. It is not in the "create" screen but once your create it and open it in the queue you can see the Change-Manager field.

It is not in the request types for submitting tickets.  I checked each one for hidden fields. It's in projects up at the top "create button" - Type is Request for Change - the workflow is shared with multiple projects - but I know somewhere in the specific project's project settings I can change this. There has to be as different projects have different approvers. 

Sherrie Brown June 15, 2021

Thank you for your help Jack!! With some of your steps I was able to figure it all out.

Do you know if there is a way to push all requests that are Awaiting Manager Approval to approved? They are the requests that were submitted before I changed to the new Change-Manager. If not, I'll ask in the forum.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2021

You can do that if you have a transition that bypasses the approval. In most of my workflows where I have approvals set up I also have a back door transition. In that transition I limit it to the agents that are working the issues so that they have a means of bypassing the approval. 

Sherrie Brown June 15, 2021

Are you able to share your diagram?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events