It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do you auto create a Sub-task 1 year after resolution of Task?

We have a situation where users have to request access to various systems.  Since each one requires the use of a license we need the access approved.  We want a way to have a sub-task created a year later that pulls in the User, Approver and Access Type requested so we can verify if the access is still needed or if the user needs to be removed. 

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Sep 06, 2019

I have seen other questions similar to this and there are two apps in the Marketplace that might be of interest, Repeating Issues or Issue Reminders.

I would rather not have to rely on yet another app.  I was hoping there was some sort of listener or trigger we could utilize.  We already have ScriptRunner and JSU Automation, but noting is popping out as a solution with either of those.

Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Sep 06, 2019

Scriptrunner has a Scheduled Job feature, so maybe you could use something similar to their example for Escalation service to create a sub task on issues returned by a JQL.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

229 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you