How do you auto create a Sub-task 1 year after resolution of Task?

danna deaton September 6, 2019

We have a situation where users have to request access to various systems.  Since each one requires the use of a license we need the access approved.  We want a way to have a sub-task created a year later that pulls in the User, Approver and Access Type requested so we can verify if the access is still needed or if the user needs to be removed. 

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2019

I have seen other questions similar to this and there are two apps in the Marketplace that might be of interest, Repeating Issues or Issue Reminders.

danna deaton September 6, 2019

I would rather not have to rely on yet another app.  I was hoping there was some sort of listener or trigger we could utilize.  We already have ScriptRunner and JSU Automation, but noting is popping out as a solution with either of those.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2019

Scriptrunner has a Scheduled Job feature, so maybe you could use something similar to their example for Escalation service to create a sub task on issues returned by a JQL.

Suggest an answer