• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do you add projects to big picture (program) boxes?

In previous versions it was straightforward to add existing projects to the Big picture (Program) boxes, but i cannot seem to find the corresponding setting anymore..

Can anyone help me out here?

1 answer

Hello @Martin Mustermann

In connection with the introduction of project portfolio management, we’ve changed some rules regarding the scope definition. The changes concern, in particular, the introduction of three types of scope.

• Own-scope
  • Sub-scope
  • None

Once you create a new box, a popup with a link to the Scope Definition will appear. Clicking “Configure Scope now” will move you to the Scope definition tab of Box configuration, where you can specify elements of scope.

image (14).pngEvery time you want to adjust scope of a particular box, just go to Box Configuration >> Tasks >> Scope Definition.

Best regards,
Anna
SoftwarePlant Support

Did so -- however it doesn't show all projects. What do I have to configure in a project so that BigPicture will offer it in the scope selection?

Hello Joachim,

Could you please check if you have permissions in Jira to all projects that are not displayed?

I'm Project Admin for the project I want to set BigPicture up for... do I need other access rights?

Like Anna-SoftwarePlant likes this

@Joachim Reinke 

Your permissions are ok. Are you a Scope Owner as well? We would like to investigate your case individually. 

Please provide more details (preferably supported by screenshots) so that I am able to shed more light on your doubts. 

Please raise a ticket via our Service Desk.

Meanwhile I have managed to configure the access. I reset everything, changed the plugin setting to "everyone" and then back to "individual settings" and at some point of time it worked. However, I appreciate your help!

Like Anna-SoftwarePlant likes this

@Joachim Reinke  that's excellent news! I am glad that the problem was resolved! Just in case you need more information about Security & Access, I enclose the link to our documentation - Security. 

Have a nice day!
Anna

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you