How do you add a table of contents of your knowledge base to the side bar of JIRA Service Desk?

Devon Bleibtrey April 21, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Serving customers with a knowledge base

We're investigating JIRA Service Desk and would like to provide users with a organized table of contents that can lead them through the connected knowledge base as opposed to forcing them to search for every article we provide. This way we can present the most relevant articles that are used most often to the left of the search interface and still enable people to search for particular articles that will be of help to them.

4 answers

0 votes
Fee Bidder September 8, 2019

Hi,

I am also looking to do this. I note that we are able to add them to pages, but they just won't display on the Knowledge Base. It would be great if all of the formatting options offered within Confluence could be extended to the KB articles. 

0 votes
Sofia Neto Canário June 8, 2018

I am not totally sure, but for what I have seen maybe the add-on Refined Theme for Jira Service Desk can help you with this.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216711/refined-theme-for-jira-service-desk?hosting=server&tab=overview

Anyone from RedefineWiki, maybe can help you.

0 votes
Richard Bruce January 9, 2017

We are looking for exactly the same functionality.  It is incredibly limiting to not be able to provide a document hierarchy for customers (e.g. Troubleshooting docs, release notes, configuration guides, etc.).  

Can anyone from Atlassian respond to this?

0 votes
Sofia Neto Canário August 26, 2016

@Devon Bleibtrey made a good question... I would like to know the answer too.

Anyone, please?

Suggest an answer